This session is for anyone in a leadership, executive or line management position.
Emotional intelligence (otherwise known as emotional quotient or EQ) is defined as the ability to perceive, use, understand, manage, and regulate emotions, both in ourselves and influencing others as leaders. People with high EQ can recognise their own emotions and those of others and have the capacity to adjust their response to adapt to different environments, improving relationships and performance. It is well known that emotionally intelligent leaders lead high performing teams.
This highly experiential workshop provides leaders with self-awareness of emotional intelligence, including tools and techniques to perceive, understand, manage and use emotions for effective communication and interpersonal relationships.
- The business need for emotional intelligence, IQ vs EQ
- Mental health and emotional intelligence
- Developing self-awareness, my behaviour influences your attitude
- Managing emotions, grounding and self-regulation
- Navigating conflict, responding with non-violence
- Empathic communication, including confrontation
- Safety and belonging, cultivating trust
- Increased empathy and a better understanding of own emotional states
- Higher motivation in employees, direct reports and teammates
- Improved engagement and interpersonal relationships at work
- 1 full day (can be delivered in modules)
- Up to 18 delegates
- Interactive delivery using polls, chat, breakout discussions