Mental health first aid (MHFA) certified training
Two days or 15 hours
Make a booking enquiry
This session is for any employees within a business who want to step into the role and undertake the responsibilities of a mental health first aider. We provide your organisation with a recruitment guide if this is your first time developing a network of this kind.
This programme certifies participants to become mental health first aiders, which will equip them with the knowledge to identify those who require mental health support and the confidence to offer assistance when required.
- Why Mental Health First Aid?
- The MHFA action plan
- What is mental health?
- Impact of mental health issues
- Stigma and discrimination
- What is depression?
- Symptoms of depression
- Risk factors for depression
- Depression in the workplace
- Suicide figures
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- First aid for suicidal crisis
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- First aid for depression
- Treatment and resources for depression
- What is an anxiety disorder?
- First aid for anxiety disorders
- Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
- Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
- Treatment and resources for anxiety
- Cognitive distortions and CBT
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders
- What is psychosis?
- Risk factors for psychosis
- Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
- Bipolar disorder
- Warning signs of developing psychosis
- Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
- Treatment and resources for psychosis
- Recovery and building resources
- Action planning for using MHFA
- In depth understanding of mental health & wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support
- Can be delivered as either:
a) 2 day in-house training
b) 15 hour online training (across 4 live virtual sessions)
- Between 8-16 delegates
- Interactive delivery using polls, chat, breakout discussions